Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

GMC Jimmy rear axle removal

Customer Question

GMC Jimmy rear axle removal
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 8 years ago.

hi

you will need to remove the 10 bolts from the rear pan of the diff...take out the 1 small bolt that holds the pin that is between the axles....after the pin is removed..push in on the axe you want to remove.....there will be a c-clip on the axle close to the pulling gear,remove it...the axle will pull right out...install in reverse....the pin gos through the spider gears,try not to turn the axle after pin is removed..so the spider gears will remain in line,,,mit much easier to put together

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do .it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP