Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

How do i adjust the rocker arms on a 97 chevey caviler 2.

Customer Question
2...
how do i adjust the rocker arms on a 97 chevey caviler 2. 2
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chevy
3/18/2009
Chevy Mechanic: Travis, Chevy Technician replied 8 years ago
Travis
Travis, Chevy Technician

Thanks for the question.

Are you having a certain issue with the rockers?

well i just bought a motor with a bad head gasket and i replaced the head gasket some one asked me if i adjusted the rocker arms and im not shure if they had to be adjusted in the 97 chevey caviler 2.2 engine i had to remove the rocker arms to take the head off i just wanted to no how do i adjust them if i have to i torqued them down to the specs

Ok, thanks.

You are right. These rockers are not adjustable. Just make sure they are torqued to 19 lb ft.

Travis
Travis
Travis, Chevy Technician