Daves71
Daves71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35+years experience in automotive repair
8067388

G3500: the difference between a Chevrolet c30..wheels..motor home

Customer Question

What is the difference between a Chevrolet c30 and a G3500/G30 dual wheels motorhome Class C
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daves71 replied 8 years ago.
Hi aussie,the chevy c30 is a pickup style cab and the G3500/G30 is a van style cab.If you need more info let me know,thanks,Dave
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

My C30 Motor Home is Van Stlye, ca

I would like to install Bilstein Shock Absorbers and info they give is G3500/G30 [ Dual Rear Wheel models ] Class C, nothing on C30 so is frame body the same, I assume 1 Ton?

Expert:  Daves71 replied 8 years ago.

what year do you have?I want to say yes that the are built on the same chassie but want to double check myself

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
1978
Expert:  Daves71 replied 8 years ago.
Thanks,will be right back to you
Expert:  Daves71 replied 8 years ago.
The application you need is for G30/G3500 ,probobly will show up as chopped van /motorhome application.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was an industrial electrician for 40 yuears and I dont think your "Probobly" does not justify a skilled trade answer.
Expert:  Daves71 replied 8 years ago.
Sorry,I checked my shock application books and they listed your motor home as a chopped van/motor home G30/G3500.To be on the safe side,before ordering anything you cannot easily return I always check the compressed length and the full extended length and the mounting design.This way takes the guess work out and makes sure you get the correct part the first time.I apologize for not coming through as professional as I should have.Dave
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Bilstein could not give me answer on their listing application of motorhomes "Chevrolet/GMC G3500/G30 [ Dual Wheel Models] Class C", knowing the class C designation the "G" reference I assume was similar but I wanted to be sure as per tonage wise, eg:- 1 Ton, from your explanation I can see where the C Series comes in from the chopped van/ motor home coversion,the Bilstein shocks are of heavy duty, shipping weight is 18.2 lbs allowing 2.2 lbs for carton etc each shock weighs approx 4lbs, plenty of meat for a shock,

I appreciate your technical advise knowledge and no pun intended as per my reference to your "Probable Answer", like you skilled trades and "Probable" was never an excepted answer related to trouble shooting other wise it was out the door looking for another job.

Expert:  Daves71 replied 8 years ago.

Still after 35 years of working on all types of vehicles,I learn something new every day.Thanks for your questions and for using Just Answer,Dave