Travis
Travis, Chevy Technician
Experience:  7+ years of GM dealership experience, GM ASEP trained, Assoc. Degree in Auto. Tech.
14792462

2002 chevy venture wipers only work on high and dont rest back

2002 chevy venture wipers only work on high and dont rest back down in the down postion

Thanks for the question.

What happens when you turn off the wipers? Do they park at the top of the windsheild?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes they do this just started today nothing else works but high
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
actually the park where ever

Thanks,

There may be more than one issue going on here, but for now, we will focus on the wipers only working on high.

Do you have access to a voltmeter or testlight to perform some wire test?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what do you need to know
  1. Disconnect the windshield wiper motor connector.
  2. Connect a test lamp from the windshield wiper motor accessory voltage supply circuit (Yellow wire) terminal to ground.
  3. Turn the ignition ON.

Does the test lamp illuminate?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

i wish i could but its like -4 where i am at

Thanks for accepting!

Thats not good, way too cold.

Well I can leave this post open for as long as I can if you want to come back to it another time.

Thanks again,

Travis

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no i think i found the problem my wife just informed me she put the wipers on with ice on the windows and she said they moved then got stuck so iam sure she fried the motor thats a easy fix and cheap better then trying to play sherlock homes with wiring lol thanks again for your help i will use this sight more often

I was thinking that might have happened. That is common too, however, when putting the wiper on when they are frozen can damage one other part other that the motor. Since is is stuck on high, the motor IS probably shot. But there is a little tab that bends due to the torque of the wiper when they are stuck, you will need to check this to as this is not related to a motor replacement.

I have circled the part you need to look at. This is what actually "parks" the wipers. Make sure the tab is standing straight up....

graphic

Thank You.

If you have any question in the furture, jot down my name and feel free to request me any time.

Travis