How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Travis Your Own Question
Travis, Chevy Technician
Category: Chevy
Satisfied Customers: 980
Experience:  7+ years of GM dealership experience, GM ASEP trained, Assoc. Degree in Auto. Tech.
Type Your Chevy Question Here...
Travis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2007 chevrolet Cobalt: what type of block heater do you need

Customer Question

Where do you locate the block heater on a 2007 chevrolet Cobalt and what type of block heater do you need
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Travis replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for the question.


Block heaters usually take the place of one of the engines freeze plugs. If your car built with one, then I suggest buy on from a local GM dealer. Freeze plug heaters look like this...



There are some universal kits that are magnetic and can be secured to any metal surface. There are also oil pan pads that attach to the bottom of the oil pan to help keep things warm. This would be an easier route if you are wanting to do the install yourself.


Here is a really good one. This heats and circulates warm coolant through the engine. This will warm the entire engine and not just a small area...



I hope this information helps.