Billy
Billy, Chevrolet tecnician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience,GM grand master for 8 years,certified smog and government safety inspector
12771247

1997 Chevy S10 Blazer: the gas gauge..fuel level..gauge shows

Customer Question

I am looking to buy a 1997 Chevy S10 Blazer and the gas gauge will show the fuel level, but when you start it up the gauge shows empty. Any idea what the problem might be?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Billy replied 8 years ago.
hello and welcome to just answer.

the fuel level senders have been a major source of malfunction on these vehicles. it is the inside the fuel tank.

If you feel my answer was helpful, please click the ACCEPT button. Feedback & Bonuses are always welcome.
Best regards,
Billy.
Billy, Chevrolet tecnician
Experience: Over 25 years experience,GM grand master for 8 years,certified smog and government safety inspector
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 8 years ago.
I agree.The problem is most likely a bad sending unit in the fuel tank. The fuel tank must be dropped to replace this part.