Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

i have a 94 chevy s10 CMFI fuel injected. the fuel pressure

i have a 94 chevy s10 CMFI fuel injected. the fuel pressure reads 60psi but quickly (seconds) falls to 30psi. how do i test which part is failing(CMFI unit-fuel pump)?

Check to see if it hold pressure when you pinch off the fuel return line. If pressure still falls, replace the spider injector assembly. If pressure does hold, then it is a faulty fuel pump.

99% of the time it is a faulty spider injector assembly. In order to replace it, you will need to remove the upper intake manifold.

replacement directions:

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you very much, i have ran that test as directed and it is the spider unit.

The directions I gave you should get you thru replacing it without any issues. If you run into a problem, re-open this questions and I will continue to help at no additional charge