ALLTECH
ALLTECH, ASE Master and L1, Gm,VW,European
Experience:  15+ years wrenching as a living, a hobby into a well paying career.
13710235

My HHR wont shift out of Park into Drive.

My HHR won't shift out of Park into Drive.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ALLTECH replied 8 years ago.
Hello, Jason here to help if I can. This Technical service bulletin comes to mind: 07-06-01-016A, It talks about not being able to get the vehicle out of park. The shifter assembly is a problem part in the HHR and the Cobalt which uses the same assembly. The other possibility would be a burnt/blown brake lamp fuse in fuse panel underhood or on drivers side near door if I recall. You can test the brake light fuse by having the key on, the brake lights work. IF the brake light fuse is blown and a new one blows too, Look for a bad/shorted bulb in brake light location. Hope this helps, Jason
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It was not either of these problems. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  ALLTECH replied 8 years ago.
Ok, if youi hear a click in console where shifter is located when stepping on brake with key on, the repair would have to be a broken shifter pin in the assembly. The tsb talks about the rod falling out of position and not allowing gear engagement and also some times not being able to get key out of ignition. I went online to a few tech help sites and a few cases of the pin breaking, and falling out. If you hear a click in shifter, but still no gears, then that is my best answer. Jason