Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

2000 gmc: van..I remove the door panels to replace the speakers

I have a 2000 gmc...
I have a 2000 gmc savana van. How do I remove the door panels to replace the speakers?
11/15/2008
RICK
RICK, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Customer. Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-do you have power locks and windows?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

No it is a manual crank and door locks - no automatic anything.
A diagram would be most helpful as there is a lot of plastic sheeting and foam obscuring my view.
A mechanic said there was a clip on the door handle to remove it but I do not see a clip near the crank itself or further in along the knurled crank shaft.

hi Customer

here is a picture of tool and handle together showing where to push tool behind handle. may be able to use pick tip tool to catch end of clip and pull off , back side to grab is 180 degrees of handle knob

Object Number: 5087  Size: SH

Object Number: 333938  Size: SH

do you have rest off door trim off or loose,

Do you have anything showing the general clip locations and order of removal?
I think I have already broken a few clips.
I will look for a "clip tool". Hopefully I can fashion something.

hi Customer,

this trim panel does not use retainer clips to hood to door, remove door trim panel this way....

• Remove the window regulator handle using the J 9886-01 .
    Object Number: 333940  Size: SH

• Remove the window regulator handle bezel (4).
  • Remove the screws that retain the front door trim plate to the door panel.
  • Pull the bottom of the front door trim plate out in order to remove the retainers on the front door trim plate from the front door trim panel (1).
  • Remove the front door trim plate from the slots in the front door trim panel.
  • Remove the front door trim plate from the vehicle.
  • Remove the screws from the armrest.
  • Lift up on the front door trim panel in order to release the retaining tabs (2) on the front door trim panel.
  • Remove the front door trim panel from the vehicle.
  •  

Where is the best place to get a manual? Least expensive? Thanks for help so far.
    hi can try to buy on ebay, for used for new go to http://www.helminc.com/ about $100 shipped i think, rick
    RICK
    RICK, ASE Certified Technician
    Thanks for your help - great service and a great time saver.
    However
    I wish this info was not so well guarded though. Seems that a manual should be online and available to folks that bought a GMC rather than held as privileged information.
    Probably goes a long way towards explaining GM's current issues with their companies survival.
    your welcome, anything else i can do just ask..rick
    RICK
    RICK
    RICK, ASE Certified Technician