Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

i received theses codes from a diagnostic p0122, p1122, p1811,

Customer Question
p0463, p0300 i changed my...
i received theses codes from a diagnostic p0122, p1122, p1811, p0463, p0300 i changed my transmission twice already and tps ,the pcm but my car still doing the same thing which is : the transmission is slipping some it feels like its manual shifting if u have any advice about sometimes it takes forever to shift up but when shifting down it goes smoothly i have a 2001 Oldsmobile silhouette 3.4l 6 cylender
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Chevy
11/14/2008
Chevy Mechanic: AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN replied 9 years ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
P0122

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
The Throttle Position (TP) sensor is used by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to determine the throttle plate angle for various engine management systems. The TP sensor is a potentiometer type sensor with three circuits:

5-volt reference circuit
Low reference circuit
Signal circuit
The PCM provides the TP sensor with a 5-volt reference circuit and a low reference circuit. Rotation of the TP sensor rotor from the closed throttle position to the wide open throttle (WOT) position provides the PCM with a signal voltage from less than 1 volt to greater than 4 volts through the TP sensor signal circuit. If the PCM detects an excessively low signal voltage, this Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set.

CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC
The ignition is ON.

CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC

The TP sensor signal voltage is less than 0.1 volts .
The above condition is present for more than 1 second .
ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS

The control module illuminates the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) on the second consecutive ignition cycle that the diagnostic runs and fails.
The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The first time the diagnostic fails, the control module stores this information in the Failure Records. If the diagnostic reports a failure on the second consecutive ignition cycle, the control module records the operating conditions at the time of the failure. The control module writes the operating conditions to the Freeze Frame and updates the Failure Records.
CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE MIL/DTC

The control module turns OFF the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail.
A current DTC "Last Test Failed" clears when the diagnostic runs and passes.
A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other emission related diagnostic.
Use a scan tool in order to clear the MIL and the DTC.

P1122

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
The Throttle Position (TP) sensor is used by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to determine the throttle plate angle for various engine management systems. The TP sensor is a potentiometer type sensor with 3 circuits:

5-volt reference circuit
Low reference circuit
Signal circuit
Rotation of the TP sensor rotor from the closed throttle position to the wide open throttle (WOT) position provides the PCM with a signal voltage from less than 1 volt to more than 4 volts through the TP sensor signal circuit. If the PCM detects an intermittent excessively low signal voltage, this Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set.

CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC
The ignition is ON.

CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC

TP sensor intermittently indicates a throttle position signal less than 0.95 volts .
The above conditions are present for 0.5 seconds
ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS

The control module stores the DTC information into memory when the diagnostic runs and fails.
The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) will not illuminate.
The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The control module stores this information in the Failure Records.
The driver information center, if equipped, may display a message.
CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE DTC

A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other non-emission related diagnostic.
Use a scan tool in order to clear the DTC.

DTC P1811

Circuit Description with 4T65-E Automatic Transaxle
The transmission pressure is modified by an adaptive modifier which controls the shift execution time. This diagnostic tests the time required to accomplish the shift. If the shift takes longer than 0.65 seconds and the adaptive modifier cannot shorten this time, then a counter increases by one.
If the PCM detects a counter value of two during one trip, then DTC P1811 sets. DTC P1811 is a type C DTC.

Conditions for Running the DTC

The shift is adaptable.
The 1-2, the 2-3 or the 3-4 shift adapt cell has reached its limit.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The 1-2, 2-3 or 3-4 shift is longer than 0.65 seconds, twice in one trip.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The PCM does not illuminate the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) .
The PCM commands maximum line pressure.
The PCM freezes shift adapts.
The PCM records the operating conditions when the Conditions for Setting the DTC are met. The PCM stores this information as Failure Records.
The PCM stores DTC P1811 in PCM history.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC

A scan tool can clear the DTC.
The PCM clears the DTC from PCM history if the vehicle completes 40 warm-up cycles without a non-emission-related diagnostic fault occurring.
The PCM cancels the DTC default actions when the fault no longer exists and the DTC passes.
Diagnostic Aids

Ask the customer about possible overloading, exceeding the trailer towing limit or towing in overdrive.
Ensure that the current PCM calibration is correct for the final drive ratio.
Test Description
The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table.

This step inspects components that may cause low line pressure.
This step inspects or repairs components that may cause a maximum adapt and long 1-2 upshift.
This step inspects or repairs components that may cause a maximum adapt and long 2-3 upshift.
This step inspects or repairs components that may cause a maximum adapt and long 3-4 upshift.

P0463

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
The fuel level sensor changes resistance based on fuel level. The PCM monitors the signal circuit of the fuel level sensor in order to determine fuel level. When the fuel tank is full, the sensor resistance is high and the PCM senses a high signal voltage. When the fuel tank is empty, the sensor resistance is low and the PCM senses a low signal voltage. The PCM uses the signal circuit of the fuel level sensor in order to calculate the total remaining fuel %) in the tank. The PCM sends the fuel level percent via the class 2 serial data circuit to the IPC in order to control the fuel gage. The fuel level information is also used for misfire and EVAP diagnostics.

CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC

The ignition is ON.
The system voltage is between 11 and 16 volts .
CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC

The fuel level signal voltage is greater than 3 volts (98%) .
The above condition is present for at least 10 seconds .
ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS

The fuel gage defaults to empty.
The check gages indicator illuminates.
The PCM records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The PCM displays the failure information in the Failure Records on the scan tool.
CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE DTC

The DTC becomes history when the conditions for setting the DTC are no longer present.
The history DTC clears after 40 malfunction free warm-up cycles.
The PCM receives the clear code command from the scan tool.
DIAGNOSTIC AIDS

Use the Freeze Frame and/or Failure Records data in order to locate an intermittent condition. If you cannot duplicate the DTC, the information included in the Freeze Frame and/or Failure Records data may aid in determining the number of miles since the DTC set. The Fail Counter and Pass Counter can also aid in determining the number of ignition cycles that the diagnostic reported a pass and/or fail. Operate the vehicle within the same freeze frame conditions RPM, load, vehicle speed, temperature, etc.). This will isolate when the DTC failed.
Code P0122- Throttle position sensor signal voltage was under 0.1 volts. Enabling conditions: Throttle position sensor signal voltage was under 0.1 volts for at least 1 second. Blocking action: This code can block the following monitors: fuel control, O2 monitor, catalyst monitor, misfire monitor, canister purge monitor & EGR monitor. Testing: TPS voltage should be between 0.24 to 0.74 volts. Measure the voltage at the sensor. If the voltage is too low, Check the 5 volt reference at the sensor. If the 5 volt reference is good the TPS is bad. See “ Diagram 2001-3.4L Engine VIN E (Mini Van)” The PCM will default to set values if this code is set. A scan tool will show 0% throttle when vehicle speed is under 2 MPH, and 10% when vehicle speed is over 3 MPH. These reading will not change with throttle movement.

Code P1122-Throttle position sensor signal was below 0.16 volts. Enabling conditions: Engine was running. The throttle position signal went below 0.16 volts. Blocking action: This code will block the following monitors: Fuel control, O2 monitor, catalyst monitor, misfire monitor, canister purge monitor & EGR monitor. Testing: Sweep the TPS by watching the signal (DB wire) as the TPS is slowly opened with engine off key on. The voltage should slowly increase without jumping or dropping out. This code is sometimes caused by an intermittent ground connection. Check the ground voltage (BK wire). Ground voltage should be under 0.05 volts (higher voltage is needed to set this code, but this tighter specification will help find intermittent problems). If nothing is found the problem is intermittent.
so what should i do from here cuz i'm really confused with this whole things
DO we have a 5 volt reference at our tps sensor under the hood with the key on?

Let me know what you find!

I would like to figure this out!

AMEDEE
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN