Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

how do you change the time on a factory radio 2003 Chevrolet

how do you change the...
how do you change the time on a factory radio 2003 Chevrolet Express 2500 Cargo

2003 Chevrolet Express 2500 Cargo

Already Tried:
just about eny button combo I could thank of!
11/9/2008
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
HiCustomer I need to know if your radio has a CD player?
yes it dose have a cd player

Ok. Under the lower knob, there is 2 small buttons. The left is the hour and the right is the min. Use those buttons to change the time. You need to hold the hour for a moment to start the change.

No their is not two small buttens under the lower tuner nob I my be rong aboout the year of mthe van it could be a 2000 or 2001 or 2003 or so on I do now the it is a chevrolet 2500 Cargo van automatic engin if that helps you narow it down it has two seek buttuns right next to the tuner bunntten and about 2.5 in. away form thouse buttens it has two arows one poniting up the other down .

on top of the rodio it has the power butten and voulm tright next to that it has a am/fm butten and nest to that is a cd butten I hope that this info helps you to find the right radio info

Thals john

Can you post the VIN and I can look up what radio you have.

1gcgg254331213234

th eg may be c it is hard to see

Ok, sorry for the delay. That set of buttons on the lower right, the left side is hr and the right is min. Use the same instructions as above with these buttons.

I tryed that and nothing happinhs I held the up arrows for 20s and nothing happens! I have sent you the right vin number it is vould hear in WI and it night time so I had a hard to,me reading ithe vin nummber the coccrest vin number should be

1GCGG25U331213234

dose the raido have to be turned off when I set the time?

The radio should be off.

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
I have arady tryed that and I held the up arrow for about 20 secends and nothing happans what am I doing Wrorng?
I have arady tryed that and I held the up arrow for about 20 secends and nothing happans what am I doing Wrorng? it is off
the radio is turned off
I thout that is was a combo of buttens

Is the picture below your radio?

Object Number: 807379  Size: B2

no it dose not show the hr or min above the arows other than that it looks right!
Did you use the buttons the picture shows to change the time?
Yes I trayed that several times!
I well just pay you and take it in to the deale and pay them to set the time for me! thanks for trying to help me!
According to the manual, those lower right buttons will change the time. Did you try with the radio on? After this I am out if ideas. All the other radios have dedicated buttons on the lower left side to change the time. Let me know. If not, I will opt out and hopefully another expert can figure this out. Please let me know,.

I have just given up I have payed you the 9.00 dolers that i have put in my bank. I well take the van to the deler and have them chasnge it fore me every time it needs to be changed! thank you for your time in this matter!

John, I would rather refund your money. I don' feel right, you paying and I was unable to help you.

Lets try this. Can you take a picture of the face of your radio and post it in a reply?

no I do not have a camera

please do not refund my monny you tryed to help I well just take the va to the dealer and mayby thay can show me how to do it! just keep the monny you tryed!

Very well John. I will leave you with this. Below is a bit from the repair section of the manual rather than the owners section. If you have any other questions, please ask as I owe you and answer.

Press and hold the UP or DOWN arrow button until an audible beep indicates the time set mode has been entered. Once the beep is heard, the time can be set by tapping the up button to increment the hour and the down arrow to increment the minute.

It worksed I guess that I did not have the radio shut off like I thout that I did it is now set to the right time I guess that I am not as smart as I thank that I am!

I am not laying to you about this I really have fixed the timeon the radio

I thank you for your help I gess that I thought that I had tryed it with the radio off but apparintly not I guess that I do not know my radio as wellk as i thank that I do!

thank again for your help!

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician