Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

what happens if i not mix the dexcool coolant with water

Customer Question
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Chevy
11/3/2008
Chevy Mechanic: autodoc_2000, Auto Technician replied 9 years ago
autodoc_2000
autodoc_2000, Auto Technician
If the coolant has not been mixed with water you run the risk of overheating. If the concentrate is to much coolant and not enough water the heat will not transfer from the engine to the coolant the way it should and in hot weather you will more than likely over heat. If the coolant left in the cooling system was diluted you may be fine. The best thing to do is check the strength of the coolant either with test strips of with a refractometer. You may be able to take a sample into a local shop that has a refractometer and have the strength checked.
i made a coolant flush last week in my 2000 s10 i forget to mix the dexcool with water ,any problems with the water pump,gaskets,heater core,intake etc,?
If you flushed the system with water you should be just fine.
autodoc_2000
autodoc_2000
autodoc_2000, Auto Technician