Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

My 97 Chevy Tahoe code Reads P0141, bank1 sensor2, .. i need

Customer Question
My 97 Chevy Tahoe code...
My 97 Chevy Tahoe code Reads P0141, bank1 sensor2, .. i need to find the location for it. can some one help me
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Chevy
10/19/2008
Chevy Mechanic: GMTechBernard, Shop Foreman - GM World Class Tech replied 9 years ago
GMTechBernard
GMTechBernard, Shop Foreman - GM World Class Tech

Hello! That code indicates that the sensor is not heating up fast enough. If all the fuses are good, then the sensor itself is probably bad (it has an internal heater). Bank 1 indicates on this motor, that its on the drivers side (as opposed to Bank 2, which would be the passenger side on this motor). Sensor 2 is after the catalytic converter (Sensor 1 is just before the catalyst). So the code refers to the sensor thats just behind the converter on the drivers side.

Hope this helps and PLEASE let me know if you need additional help!

GMTechBernard
GMTechBernard