Gregory F
Gregory F, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER & ASE L1 ADVANCED ENGINE PERFORM RECERTIFIED. G.M. WORLD CLASS TECH. 22+YRS CHEVY DEALER
12672917

How do I change water pump on 2004 gmc envoy, 4200 vortech?

how do I change water pump on 2004 gmc envoy, 4200 vortech?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gregory F replied 9 years ago.
HelloCustomer you have to remove the fan and fan clutch assembly by spinning off of the water pump together. then allow the fan and clutch to rest inside the fan shroud. you will have to remove the fan, fan clutch and shroud all together. take 2 upper shroud bolts, and 6 13 mm bolts holding upper core support out. remove upper radiator hose completely. unplug 1 fan clutch connector on drivers side shroud. remove front of grille. ( the chrome part ) and 2 small plastic retainers between front of radiator and core support. unhook both side rubber air guides that attach shroud to radiator. then remove water pump once fan assembly is removed. send me any other questions as i want you to be satisfied with the repair. Thank you for using JA.