How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CCTMSTR Your Own Question
CCTMSTR, GM Certified Master Technician
Category: Chevy
Satisfied Customers: 395
Experience:  GM Master Technician.ASE Master.Advanced Level L1. NV State G2 Emission Inspector
Type Your Chevy Question Here...
CCTMSTR is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

1997 blazer: it is an an electronic transfer case

Customer Question

what kind of oil do i use in my 1997 blazer transfer case,it is an an electronic transfer case.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  CCTMSTR replied 8 years ago.
Give me the complete VIN, It depends on what transfer case you have.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Expert:  CCTMSTR replied 8 years ago.
The RPO code is NP1.There is a tag on the rear side of the transfer case.It is round and will read New Venture there is a 3 digit number to identify the exact t-case .The tag code with NV233 is Manual Transmission Fluid GM P/N 88861800 .NV136 is Auto-Trak II Fluid GM P/N 12378508.NV 243 is Dextron III ATF.I don't have access to the parts dept tonight to cross reference