GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2003 Chevy: the drivers heated seat will not stay on..Passenger

Hi, I have a 2003 Chevy Avalanche and the drivers heated seat will not stay on. The Passenger one works fine by its self, but will shut off when the drivers one does. Just wondering what it could be? And cost to fix.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 9 years ago.
Welcome Danice M. I expect that one of the drivers heated seat elements is open. This is not difficult to check. If you have a multimeter, I can give you the places to check and the approx resistance values.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Hi, Thankyou. I have a multimeter. Please let me know how to check and the places to check and the approx resistance values.
Ok. On the back of the seat, find the wire that comes down from the right side of the drivers seat back. It will go forward and a small 2 wire connector will go to the seat base. Continue to follow this wire the the left side of center under the seat behind the motors. It is a 6 terminal connector. Disconnect this connector. Test the brown wires terminal A to the black wire in terminal F of the seat side of the connector. It should be below 4.0 ohms. Next test the yellow wire in terminal C to the black wire in terminal D. It should be the same. Let me know what you come up with.