GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Envoy: I want to flat tow..GM..motor home

I want to flat tow a GM Envoy behind my motorhome. Is this feasible without damage to transmission etc?
Welcome Rodney. Is your envoy 2WD or 4WD?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.

4WD

One last question. I need to know which model of transfer case. The easiest way is to post the VIN and I can look at the build sheet.
Lets go this way, if there is a position on your 4Wd switch for neutral, then you can flat tow it. The oil pump inside the transfer case is driven by the output shaft. I would keep track of the mileage your Envoy is towed and be sure to perform drive line services based on that mileage and not what the odometer says. If your envoy is a full time 4WD, I would not tow it flat. Please ask if need more information.