Chevy

Connect one-on-one with a verified chevy mechanic who will answer your question

GM-Frank
GM-Frank
GM-Frank, ASE Master Certified

More related answers
All chevy mechanics are VERIFIED
My gear shift is stuck in neutral, but my sterring wheel
Roy
Roy, shop foreman
my gear shift is stuck in neutral, but my sterring wheel still turns, and the car still cuts on. it just will not move, or shift out of neutral. PLEASE HELP! … read more
where is the manual override for the shifter so that i can ...
Bob
Bob, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
where is the manual override for the shifter so that i can shift to neutral? (car is stuck in park, can't turn key or steering wheel) 1996 cavalier… read more
When I went to back out, the gear went from reverse to
Gary
Gary, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
When I went to back out, the gear went from reverse to neutral... Now the gear is stuck in neutral. … read more
The car off and leave in park, can turn it on and move..change gears
Brad
Brad, Lead Diagnostic Technician
Hello...The key is stuck in the ignition. Can turn the car off and leave in park, can turn it on and move from gear to gear. (button on the shitter in and does not pop out as usual, this is the black … read more
1994 Chevrolet C2500 5.7 standard transmission, floor shift.
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
1994 Chevrolet C2500 5.7 standard transmission, floor shift.My key is stuck in the "On" position. I will move forward to Start, but will not rotate back to the lock position so that I may remove. I ha… read more
2002 gear shift moves but nothing happens...gear so I cant start it
ZZDaryl
ZZDaryl, Lead Auto Tech
2002 gear shift moves but nothing happens. Car stuck in gear so I can't start it. How do I fix?… read more
Neutral - i cant move the shaft to reverse or park; I can shift
cartech
cartech, master tech
Hi, I am having a problem with my car - it's stuck in neutral - i can't move the shaft to reverse or park; I can shift to all other positions. One thing I did notice before this happened is that, my c… read more
2000 chevy: The gear shift was stuck in the park position, got it
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
The gear shift was stuck in the park position, got it out of the park position now it will not go back into park. It is on a 2000 chevy silverado.… read more
When I put the gear shift lever in the neutral position is
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
When I put the gear shift lever in the neutral position is does not register on the instrument panel. I replaced the neutral safety switch but it still does not work. The instrument panel shows all ge… read more
Trailblazer: blowing..the 4 wheel drive switch..engage..cars
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Auto Dealership Owner
Hi ...I have a 02 trailblazer the key would not turn and the gear shift was stuck..so i bought a neutral safety switch ...I plug the new one in with out installing it because the instuuction said it w… read more
Chevrolet Equinox LS My key is stuck in the ignition & wont
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
My key is stuck in the ignition & won't turn. I can't shift. I have a 2005 Equinox. haven't heard anything from you. please advise if there's any hope… read more
key turned either way, every few seconds..stopped working..slow
Jon1544
Jon1544, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
My wipers are stuck in the up position. With the key turned either way, every few seconds they will move a little bit and return to the up position. Before they stopped working, they moved very slow.… read more
The car.I put my hand on the shift lever to pull it out of park
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
I cannot move my shift lever out of park.I put my foot on the brake,turn the key to start the car.I put my hand on the shift lever to pull it out of park.The shift lever will not move.I have a 2008 ch… read more
1999 chevy blazer: neutral and now both the gear shift..unlock
Dan, Auto Technician
I have a 1999 chevy blazer. The key was turned while the car was in neutral and now both the gear shift and the key are locked. How to I now unlock the system.… read more
Can't move the gear shift it's stuck in park. It's a 2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
Nope I'm not fixing it myself n I tried moving the stirring wheel … read more
Key switch is stuck in start position. Cannot turn off
sara cole
sara cole, associates
Key switch is stuck in start position. Cannot turn off engine with the key. … read more
works fine..idiot, your seat belt isnt on indicator light and chime
Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE MASTER TECH, REPAIR FACILITY OWNER
I have two issues my dealer can't seem to fix. My right turn signal does not go back to neutral position after making any right turns, left signal works fine. I also get a "idiot, your seat belt isn't… read more
2005 chevy impala: gear shift..steering wheel..security light..locking
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
i have a 2005 chevy impala and i can't even turn my key in the ignition. everything is locked from the gear shift, steering wheel and the brake is hard to push. the security light on the inside is bli… read more