Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Computer code number PO332 & P0430 - what do they mean and how to fix

computer code number PO332 & P0430 - what do they mean and how to fix
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 9 years ago.

Which engine is in your 1500?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to eric's Post: I'm not really sure, how could I tell, I know it is the smaller motor
Expert:  Eric replied 9 years ago.

I just need the 8th digit of the VIN code

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to eric's Post: v
Expert:  Eric replied 9 years ago.

Ok, your engine is a 4.8L V8.

DTC P0332 - Knock sensor #2(rear knock sensor) low voltage

If engine has an internal engine knock, such as rod knock, this need to be repaired first. if there is no internal engine knock, most of the time it is a faulty knock sensor. The knock sensor is located under the intake manifold.

DTC P0430 - Low efficiency in bank 2 catalytic converter

Possible causes include faulty converter, inside of converter has come apart and rattling, converter body damaged such as dents or holes, exhaust leak between exhaust manifold and converter, O2 sensors wiring resting on exhaust pipe.

Because both of these codes are referring to bank 2(right side exhaust), have converter checked first. A converter that the inside has come aprat and is knocking around in the converter shell can set the knock sensor code. If this is the case, have converter replaced, reset computer and see if code resets for knock sensor. If it does, then the intake manifold has to come off to replace it. If no code comes back, then knock sensor code was set by failed converter