John, Master A.S.E Automotive technician
Experience:  A.S.E MasterTechnician A1-A8 w/L1,38 years experience General Motors Master Technician
6408229

2000 1500 silverado with a trailer wiring package..brake light..trucks

I have 2000 1500 silverado with a trailer wiring package my right turn and brake light does not work at the trailer plug. it works on the trucks lights. the green wire has no power brake or turn. the yellow and brown one works fine. I replace the connection block and still no power at plug. the blue turn wire works at connection block but no brake light thier. Where does it get it power at?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  John replied 9 years ago.

HelloCustomer

I am sending some schematics that should help you.There is a splice in the main harness for your trailer,be sure & check the voltage in front of the splice.

Tail/Stoplamp harness, approx. 6.5 cm (2.5 in) from trailer harness breakout, towards RH taillamp

Object Number: 574602  Size: FS

Object Number: 574610  Size: FS

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to john's Post: the correct reply is thier are two diffrent fuse panels in the chevrolet 1500 vehicle. The one for the unit and the other for the trailer wiring. check the fuses under the hood for the trailer wiring and you will find the one marked trailer turn/stop right side needs to be replaced.
Expert:  John replied 9 years ago.
OK