BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

how much should it cost to replace a fuel pump and flush ...

how much should it cost to replace a fuel pump and flush out the lines in a 2000 Chevy Tahoe?
HelloCustomer what size engine do you have in your Tahoe? Are you flushing the fuel lines?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Yes, flushing the fuel lines, cleaning the throttle body, and replacing the filter. I'm sorry, I don't know the engine size. It is 4-wd.
Okay. The pump itself will cost about $700 for parts and labor. The fuel filter about another $65. As for cleaning the lines most places will charge about an extra $100. This prices will vary slightly from place to place. Let me know if you need more info.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to BOBBYSS's Post: do they usually have to drain the gas tank and if so, does that cost extra or would it be included in the labor?
Some places prefer to drain the tank and some do not. The labor I notes includes draining the tank. If they are going to clean the lines then they should also be draining and cleaning the tank.