Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Mazda Master Technician, GM and Ford factory trained. 15 years experience.
5624692

what is the cost to repair a stabilitrak system

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Trailblazer and the stabilitrak service light and indicator light came on today. What causes this to malfunction and is it costly to repair? I drive to work everyday where there are numerous pot holes.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 9 years ago.

HiCustomer

There is no clear cut diagnosis when the light comes on. You can't just point to a component and say that is the problem. The first step is to have the codes read from the system. You will need a class2 scanner to get the codes a regular generic code reader will not get all the codes. Once you have the code it will lead you to a testing procedure. There are many expensive parts involved in the system so I recommend taking this to a chevy dealership to avoid the guessing games that untrained shops will play.