Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 2001 chevy tahoe and I recently put a after market ...

Customer Question
I have a 2001 chevy...
I have a 2001 chevy tahoe and I recently put a after market cd player in it and I cant get my back speakers to work so my question is how cam I get them to work? Can you e mail me a wiring diagram?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Chevy
2/20/2008
Chevy Mechanic: Dan, Auto Technician replied 9 years ago
Dan, Auto Technician
Dan, Auto Technician
Reply to Dan's Post: how can i make that back box work again
Is this the correct schematic? If so then check your speaker wires one at a time by hooking up a known good speaker + to + and - to -. This will tell you if the wiring and connections are good from the radio back to the connector for the speaker.
all you can give me is the diagram you cant give no advice on how to get that box to work because i dont think it will work unless that box is on
I need to get that box working on my 2001 tahoe where your passengers can plug in head phones and listen to what they want it is located in the center console near the back of the front seat can you help
Radio Audio Inoperative at Rear Seat Audio (RSA) Control

Step

Action

Yes

No

Schematic Reference: Radio/Audio System Schematics

1

Did you review the Radio/Audio System Description and Operation and perform the necessary inspections?

Go to Step 2

Go to Radio/Audio System Description and Operation

2

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Turn ON the radio.
  3. Turn ON the rear seat audio controller.
  4. Select the AM/FM push button on the rear seat audio controller.
  5. Connect headphones.

Does the rear seat audio operate normally?

Go to Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections in Wiring Systems

Go to Step 3

3

1. Turn OFF the ignition.
  2. Disconnect the rear seat audio controller.
  3. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  4. Test the accessory voltage circuit, also known as the RAP fuse supply voltage circuit, of the rear seat audio controller for a short to ground or an open. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Did you find and correct the condition?

Go to Step 10

Go to Step 4

4

Test the ground circuit of the rear seat audio controller for high resistance or an open. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Did you find and correct the condition?

Go to Step 10

Go to Step 5

5

Test the remote radio control signal circuit of the rear seat audio controller for a short or an open. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Did you find and correct the condition?

Go to Step 10

Go to Step 6

6

Test the radio on signal circuit of the rear seat audio controller for a short or an open. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Did you find and correct the condition?

Go to Step 10

Go to Step 7

7

Inspect for poor connections at the harness connector of the rear seat audio controller. Refer to Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections and Connector Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Did you find and correct the condition?

Go to Step 10

Go to Step 8

8

Inspect for poor connections at the harness connector of the radio. Refer to Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections and Connector Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Did you find and correct the condition?

Go to Step 10

Go to Step 9

9

Replace the rear seat audio controller. Refer to Rear Seat Audio Control Replacement .

Did you complete the replacement?

Go to Step 10

--

10

Operate the system in order to verify the repair.

Did you complete the repair?

System OK

Go to Step 2

that dont help I need to get that box working on my 2001 tahoe where your passengers can plug in head phones and listen to what they want it is located in the center console near the back of the front seat can you help it stopped working when i installed my aftermarket cd player how can i reconnect it is it just a wire connection
That is the flow chart for diagnosing the rear seat audio controls. You need to disconnect that rear control head and check the powers and grounds along with audio input from the main radio. If all in puts are good then suspect a faulty rear audio control head. The schematic I gave you previously I believe shows the rear audio powers and grounds.
Dan, Auto Technician