frank
frank, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  33 years experience,24 years of Chevroler/GM experience and training .ASE Recertified Master Tech,
1816887

2004 SUBURBAN: DRIVER SEAT HEATER CUTS OFF WITHIN 3 TO 5

Customer Question

2004 SUBURBAN, DRIVER SEAT HEATER CUTS OFF WITHIN 3 TO 5 SECONDS. IT WORKED FINE UP TO THE LAST 2 WEEKS. WERE SHOULD I LOOK FOR THE FIX?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  frank replied 9 years ago.
Find the wires under the seat from the heater grid and ohm them out.The heater grid on the seat bottom will usually burn out and be open,if you pull the cover up yuo will actually see a black spot from where is has been open and aching.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to frank's Post: How can I get access to the wires?
Expert:  frank replied 9 years ago.
You have to go under the seat-there is no hidden secret. Follow the wires that come out of the cushion-usualy toward the rear and is a black hard loom with 2 wires inside it that will go the seat module under the seat.It tight and confined.