Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

2001 chevy: The heater is not blowing out hot air

Customer Question
I have a 2001 chevy...
I have a 2001 chevy silverado. The heater is not blowing out hot air. what could be the problem?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2007
Chevy Mechanic: Wrenchtech, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 years ago
Wrenchtech
Wrenchtech, ASE Certified Technician
Is the blower not working or is the problem the temperature of the air?
Reply to Wrenchtech's Post: I guess it would be the temperature. It is not blowing out warm air at all regardless of what temperature we have it on
With the engine at full operating temp, locate the 2 heater hoses where they go into the firewall and feel them to see if they are both hot to the touch.
Reply to Wrenchtech's Post: If the heater hoses are hot to the touch what should we do? If the aren't what does that mean?
If neither are hot, then the engine may not be getting hot enough. If one is hot and not the other, then the heater core is likely restricted. If they are both hot, then it is a control problem inside due to a problem with the electric blend door actuator or the blend door itself jamming.
Wrenchtech
Wrenchtech
Wrenchtech, ASE Certified Technician