How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Master A.S.E Automotive technician
Category: Chevy
Satisfied Customers: 9176
Experience:  A.S.E MasterTechnician A1-A8 w/L1,38 years experience General Motors Master Technician
Type Your Chevy Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

1985 suburban: you replace a modulator valve on a 700R4 transmission

Customer Question

How do you replace a modulator valve on a 700R4 transmission for a 1985 suburban 4 x 4
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  John replied 9 years ago.


Are you speaking of the vacuum modulator valve or the control valve that it operated?


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
It works on the vacuum of the transmission.
Expert:  John replied 9 years ago.

Hello mike,

The vacuum modulator is on the side of the transmission & there is one bolt & a bracket that holds it to the transmission.Disconnect the vacuum line from the engine& Remove the bolt & bracket &pull straight out,There will be some fluid come out.Get new one & reverse procedure.