Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

how can I fix or reset code p1626 on a 2004 chevy impala

Customer Question

How can I fix or reset code p1626 on my 2004 chevy impala?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 10 years ago.

The fix on this particular problem is best solved with a class 2 scan tool like the dealer has. The code must be cleared to see if it comes back on again, this must be done with a class 2 scan tool. If it does come on again you will need to replace the body control module. You can try a reprogram the theft detterent system now, by doing the following. If you decide to replace the body control module you will also need to do the reprogram procedure. Here is how.

30 Minute Learn Procedure

Tools Required

None

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the PasslockTM Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).

Important

The vehicle learns the PasslockTM Sensor Data Code and/or password XXXXX the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6. Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the PasslockTM Sensor Data Code and/or password).
  7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).

I hope this helps, good luck!

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Does that code have something 2 do with a jerk in the transmission when it shift?
No it is a theft detterent code. That will have nothing to do with a jerk in the transmission.