Dan, Auto Technician
Experience:  GM Mark of Excellence/ Service Guild Participant with 13 years experience, ASE Master Certified
4976144

1997 CHEVY TRUCK: WHERE IS THE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR LOCATED

Customer Question

I HAVE A 1997 CHEVY TRUCK WITH A 5.7 VORTECH ENGINE. WHERE IS THE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR LOCATED? I HAVE CHANGED THE FUEL PUMP, CHECK THE FUSES, WHEN I PURE FUEL IN THE TROTTLE BODY THE ENGINE WILL RUN FOR A SECOND THEN STOP. I KNOW THE INJECTORS ARE UNDER THE PLASTIC INTAKE ON THAT TYPE ENGINE. IS THE PRESSURE REGULATOR THERE TOO? WHAT ELSE DO YOU THINK IT COULD BE? HELP".
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 10 years ago.
The fuel pressure regulator is located under the upper intake on the back side of the fuel injection unit. Check the fuel pressure as it should be 55-62 psi key on engine off and not drop off more than 10 psi when pump stops running. If it bleeds off then either the regulator is faulty or the pump itself inside the tank is faulty. Let me know if this helps and you still need more info ok.