Chevy man
Chevy man, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified as an L1 Master Technician with extensive experience in Chevy products
201885

1998 Chevy S10 Blazer: low pressure switch on AC..fuses..compressor

We have no electrical power to low pressure switch on AC in my 1998 Chevy S10 Blazer. All fuses to AC are good, relay switch is good, have fire to pressure switch at back of compressor. System has freon. Can jump fire to compressor and it cools. Where do I look for problem?
Is it auto temp control or manual
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
It is Manual

There is not supposed to be any power at that switch. It supplies a ground input to the PCM.

You need to start at the relay and see what fuunctions are missing. The PCM controls the relay by applying ground to it. You need to make sure the relay has 2 power supplies. The high pressure switch is powered through the control head on to the PCM for the A/C request.

Here's the wiring diagram.let me know if you need some help with it.

graphic