frank
frank, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  33 years experience,24 years of Chevroler/GM experience and training .ASE Recertified Master Tech,
1816887

10 Blazer: tow..4x4..auto tranny in neutral and transfer case

I would like to flat tow my 1991 S-10 Blazer 4x4. I have been told so many different things. Yes put auto tranny in neutral and transfer case in neutral and it's ok. Also to put auto tranny in park. And then there are those who say NO you can not unless your transfer case has a "towing neutral"
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Really need to know before investing in having a tow bar installed on the vehicle
Expert:  frank replied 10 years ago.
Tow mode is neutral on the electronic controled transfer cases. The tranfer case has a oil pump that is driven by the output shaft or driveshaft,you just don't want the trans spinning because its oil pump is driven by the engine and will go dry.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to frank's Post: so, are you saying "No do not tow it."
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to frank's Post: so, are you saying "No, do not tow it."
Expert:  frank replied 10 years ago.
With the transer case in neutral,you can tow it-but the transfer case has to be in neutral.