Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

How to replace a 1985 chevy truck power window motor

Customer Question
Removal and replacement of 1985...
Removal and replacement of 1985 silverado power window motor.
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Chevy
3/5/2007
Chevy Mechanic: Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic replied 10 years ago
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic

Here are the instructions for replacing the window motor.

graphic

graphic

graphic

If you have further questions on this, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for asking!

V W

Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic
once you remove the two nuts and two screws and remove electrical connection. How do you remove the assy are there anything else that needs to be removed.
Make sure you pay particular attention to step 5 in the second list i sent you. Once you have that secured, it should come right out.
Step 5 is after the requlator is removed from the door?
Yes, that is after the regulator is removed.
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic