Bob
Bob, Auto Tech
Experience:  Plus 40 years GM, over 30 certified with Chevrolet, ASE certified Master Tech. (Expired, Retired)
2210118

i have a newer style 4.3 vortec with the cast aluminum oil ...

i have a newer style 4.3 vortec with the cast aluminum oil pan and am wondering if i can put it in a 93 s-10 blazer. It doesnt look like it will clear the differential to me. Also is there a different oil pan for the 2 andXXXXXvehicles with this motor? The holes in the block for the oil pan bolts are much different than the older style 4.3 vortec. Im not sure what year this motor is but the casting numbers in the block are 10227196 and L015. I can already see that i will have to switch the heads and intake. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated, Mike.
Motor was used from 93 to 95. Roller equipt, 1 piece rear main seal. 175 - 205 HP version. May be from and S10 or an Astro van. Will have to call Chev about the oil pan, but the early 4.3 used a different pan on 2X and 4X.