Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

How do I remove the stock rear speakers in a 2002 Chevy

Customer Question
Impala?...
How do I remove the stock rear speakers in a 2002 Chevy Impala?
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Chevy
3/27/2006
Chevy Mechanic: Davo, Master technician replied 11 years ago
Davo
Davo, Master technician
Do the following and then you will see a tab to release the speakers.

Trim Panel Replacement - Rear Window Shelf (Impala)

Removal Procedure

Object Number: 508362  Size: SH
    Click here for detailed picture of above image.
  1. If the vehicle is equipped with a folding rear seat back, perform the following steps:

1. Lower the seat backs.
    2. Remove the upper bolts from the seat back frame.

2. If the vehicle is equipped with a fixed rear seat back, perform the following steps:

1. Remove the rear seat cushion. Refer to Seat Cushion Replacement - Rear in Seats.
    2. Remove the rear seat back. Refer to Seat Back Replacement - Rear in Seats.

Object Number: 460382  Size: SH
  3. Remove the rear upper quarter trim panel. Refer to Trim Panel Replacement - Rear Quarter Upper .
  4. Remove the push-in retainers from the front of the rear window trim panel.
  5. Lift the rear window trim panel and remove the seat belts through the slots in the rear window trim panel.
  6. Slide the rear window trim panel forward to disengage the integral hook from the retaining hole and remove the rear window trim panel.
Davo
Davo
Davo, Master technician