Cell Phones

I was given and older trac fone by a friend. I am trying to…

Customer Question
I was given and...

I was given and older trac fone by a friend. I am trying to sign up with consumer cellular, but I need to unlock this phone, and I am really cueless about what that even means much less how to do it

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Ive never used... Read full answer

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Ive never used it

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Phone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).

How do I do a factory reset?

Technician's Assistant: The Cell Phone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just need to get it unlcoked

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
9/7/2018
Cell Phone Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your phone question.

To get your Tracfone phone to work with Consumer Cellular, first you need to contact Tracfone, and ask them for an 'unlock code' to enter in your phone, to allow you to use it with some other carrier.

Tracfone may be contacted for this purpose here: 1(###) ###-####/p>

Then you may get a free SIM card from Consumer Cellular - provided that your phone is a GSM phone (that depends upon its model #) and then Consumer Cellular can provide service for your Tracfone. You obtain that free SIM card from Consumer Cellular by paying for one of their plans, getting the SIM card shipped to you, and inserting it in the phone's (internal, usually beneath the battery) SIM card slot.

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Kriptokrit. ZTE Z955L. Give me a minute to explain my
Please give me a minute to explain my situation. I have been a Net10 customer for many years now and have purchased my phones from Net10. I have an old LG236C flip phone which is to become no longer compatible with the service. I received the ZTE Z955L from Net10 as a replacement. Due to serious financial constraints, I have to switch from Net10 to Consumer Cellular for my service. Please understand it is not that I don't like Net10 service, I do, but I really need to cut costs wherever I can as I am retired now and receive SSA Disability. … read more
RobsWorld
RobsWorld
Desktop Support Engineer,
I have an older I have an older Trac phone can it be
I have an older I have an older Trac phone can it be activated again? … read more
Rennan Lui
Rennan Lui
IT Engineer Specialist,
I am trying to move from my current company to Consumer
I am trying to move from my current company to Consumer Cellular. Can you help me. I have my account number from the current plan. … read more
Stop searching for answers—
I thought I had lost my cell phone (Consumer cellular) but I
I thought I had lost my cell phone (Consumer cellular) but I found it only after I had got on Google and they locked it. How do I get it unlocked? … read more
Senior Engineer,
My lg fiesta 2 lte trac fone is locked in securtiy code
my lg fiesta 2 lte trac fone is locked in securtiy code mode … read more
Samuel White
Samuel White
Owner and Expert Tech,
Tracfone password is not now recognized even tho it is
tracfone password ***** ***** now recognized even tho it is unchanged and correct---hard to contact trac fone person … read more
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
No problem there.. was trying to get tech support for Trac
No problem there.. was trying to get tech support for Trac fone … read more
Samuel White
Samuel White
Owner and Expert Tech,
Have a Huawei acend mate2 from consumer cellular. Put at&t
Have a Huawei acend mate2 from consumer cellular. Put at&t sim card and it locked. Now says cell phone provider lock. how to unlock it/… read more
IT Manager,
I have a new HUAWEI Ascend Mate 2 & somehow before I got
I have a new HUAWEI Ascend Mate 2 & somehow before I got through the complete setup procedure the phone locked up & says I can only make emergency calls only. I have I know to get this phone to unlock… read more
IT Manager,
I have a Nokia 1100 Trac-Fone. The display lights up, No display.
I have a Nokia 1100 Trac-Fone. The display lights up, No display. I,ve had this phone years.. Could it be the battery ?… read more
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
I was given a LG Marquee cell phone, model no.LS855 and it
i was given a LG Marquee cell phone, model no.LS855 and it is lock and I want to put it on with my carrier, how do I do this?… read more
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Hi..my coverage is Consumer Cellular used to be associated
Hi..my coverage is Consumer Cellular used to be associated with AT&T they supposedly use the same cell phone network :about consumer cellular company technology ect.. ■Coverage: Nationwide ■Technology… read more
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
System Administrator,
Stop searching for answers—
Please help me. I either lost or misplaced my current trac
Please help me. I either lost or misplaced my current trac fone. If I buy another identical trac fone, can I have the minutes transferred from the lost trac fone. Also I do not know how to tell you th… read more
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit
Cell Phone Tech.,
I have on old Mortorola phone and a contract until 10/19/12.
I have on old Mortorola phone and a contract until 10/19/12 . I want to upgrade my phone to one that has bluetooth technology. Walgreens have one that I want to purchase. How do I transfer my contract… read more
I just bought samsung galaxy i9000 and the internet not working,
I just bought samsung galaxy i9000 and the internet not working, i reset it to factory setting but the problem now that there is no network at all now, how could i fix it? (Note: no signal sign is app… read more
Richard S.
Richard S.
Accounts and Device Specialist,
My internet just stopped working...I have service and data
My internet just stopped working...I have service and data connection..and my bill is paid...could it be a virus?… read more
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark
Cell Phone Engineer,
My daughters phone stopped working unless it is plugged into
My daughter's phone stopped working unless it is plugged into an outlet. We tried a new battery but have the same results. What should we try next?… read more
Richard S.
Richard S.
Accounts and Device Specialist,
My phone is reading phone freeze.. SIM unavailable.. please
My phone is reading "phone freeze.. SIM unavailable.. please contact service provider" I contacted AT&T and they claim that the phone is permanently frozen.. Is it really? If I get a code here, will i… read more
Richard S.
Richard S.
Accounts and Device Specialist,