Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Looking for help with my uverse ATT router. Am I at the

Customer Question
Looking for help with...

Looking for help with my uverse ATT router. Am I at the wrong site?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

ATT

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Problem is that Ring Pro doorbell will not connect to the iinternet since we upgraded to 1000Mbps about 6 months ago. Resetting the Router does not solve the problem. My Speed checker indicates we have more than the required bandwith to run the door bell. Ring suggests that this is a problem with the port settings with the router. I do not have any idea how to set those. I do not what the setting requirements are for Ring. Can you help me remotely?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I need to know what the charge for service is and whether there is a guarantee that expert can solve my problem.

Submitted: 11 days ago.Category: Cell Phones
7/11/2018
Cell Phone Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 11 days ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1. Check that the Wi-fi network you are trying to connect to is on 2.4Ghz – Ring only works with 2.4Ghz, unless you have the Ring Pro.

2. Press the orange button on the reverse of Ring for 30 seconds – this is a factory reset and broke the loop of ‘unable to join’ and allows you to start the process again form scratch.

3. Check your Wi-Fi is on channel 1 – 11 as Ring does not support 12 or 13. This is not mentioned anywhere in their literature however we found it hidden away on their website.

4. If your Wi-Fi is on channel 11 or 12 change it to a channel 1 – 11. You will need to connect to your hub/routers admin page to change the channel – don’t worry it’s very easy to do and will not ‘break’ anything.

--------------------

Thanks for the opportunity to assist you today! Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------