Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I need to unlock an older cell phone but can't get help at…

Customer Question
I need to unlock...

I need to unlock an older cell phone but can't get help at the local store.

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

About a year ago. Have a NEW iPhone that the number is ***** trying to help a friend out by giving him this phone... but if I can';t unlock it, it's useless.

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to sync to iTunes?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't htink so - I am NOT tech savvy and am already frustrated just trying to reach ANYBODY at ATT!! I'll need you to call my landline...(###) ###-####since theold phone belonged to my son and he's not around tonight.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I would prefer a phone call to my landline(###) ###-#### - I don't enjoy computers and cell phones and prefer talking with a human. Is this going to be possible? If I'm spending $5... I'd rather hear a voice.
6/1/2018
Cell Phone Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 2 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

replied 2 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the make and model of the phone?

It's an older iPhone - IMEI is 01 388800 366998 6
I'm already paying $5 to type... not going to pay $20 to talk on the phone. This should have been explained to me before I had to pay the $5.
 replied 2 months ago

Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.

replied 2 months ago

Could you please tell me whether your iPhone screen is asking for password ***** passcode or activation lock?

There is no SIM card in it. WHen I turn it on, I get the IMEI, ICCID, and SN info but nothing else.
 replied 2 months ago

I am sorry, I am not aware of this issue. In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

is someone going to get back with me soon?
Hello??
How do I get a refund? I didn't think this would take over 30 minutes, most of which was me waiting for replies. Unhappy customer here.