Samuel White
Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Verizon Tech Manager multi-unit
95461549

I cannot receive emails texts. Optus says I should use the

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i cannot receive emails texts. Optus says I should use the outgoing mail associated with my SIM card
JA: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: Mail outlook
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: No I am receiving mail just cannot send any
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have purchased an AT&T SIM card
Category: Cell Phones
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can receive emails but cannot respond. Service provider in Australia is Optus. I am in USA. I bought an AT&T SIM card (under advice) but this has made no difference. Optus says AT&t need to supply an outgoing SMTP but salesman did not know anything about that. Optus said try 'outbound.att.net', port no 465 but thus doesn't work either .
Expert:  Samuel White replied 7 months ago.

I am Samuel and I will help you. Let us try this:

3. Type in mail.optusnet.com.au in the Host Name field present under the Incoming Mail Server title
4. Type in your email username in the User Name field
5. The POP3 port is 110. The IMAP Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) port is 993.
6. Port for POP3 Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is 995.
7. Type in mail.optusnet.com.au in the Host Name field present under the Outgoing Mail Server title
8. The SMTP port is 25. Port for SMTP SSL is 465.

Rating me is important because it opens me to help others and also lets the company see that I am working with each customer. Please take just a moment to rate me… it helps greatly!