Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Can't unlock my phone with the finger print and don't

Can't unlock my phone...

Can't unlock my phone with the finger print and don't remember a passcode

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Just got it today

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

Don't know hpw to do it

3/31/2018
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

What is the make and model of your phone please?

iphone 7

Thanks!

The following procedure is a special device firmware update mode. It will erase your Apple device, remove the passcode, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).

1) Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > “App Store” ( or Software Update for older OS X releases) > "Check now" to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

2) Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it (using the charging cable that came with it from Apple)

3) Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

4) Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the volume down button (on the left) for 10 seconds

5) Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the volume down button, until...

6) iTunes should alert you it’s detected a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

I paid the $5.00 for this answer and want to cancel the acount. Do not continue with the monthly charge. My bank has been notified not to accept any more Charges From You. Thank You
Hi, I don't think you've rated yet to close the question. However, I am not an employee of JustAnswer and do not have access to your account details to handle financial requests of this nature.You can access contact customer service directly via***@******.*** with any financial concerns.Thanks,
John T. F., Apple Consultant