Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

My wife bought a new tracfone and transferred the number…

Customer Question
My wife bought a...

My wife bought a new tracfone and transferred the number from her old tracfone to her new tracfone. Now, her old cell phone is deactivated and the new tracfone is supposedly activated, but when we try to call another phone, instead of ringing the number, an operator comes on and indicated the phone call can be made using a credit card or going through an operator. This isn't right! Do we need to wait a full 24 hours to see if then the phone will ring other numbers? Are we being impatient? Lastly, my wife has over 800 minutes she wants to transfer from her old tracfone. How does she go about that???

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your TracFone phone?

My old tracfone we were always able to use it. When it was deactivated it was around 10:00 a.m. today. We were told that it may take as long as 24 hours for the NEW tracfone to be able to make calls. Do we need to wait 24 hours?? Right now we always get an operator when trying to ring another number.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

No. I'm not sure how to contact a "smartphone expert!" You have not answered my basic question, Pearl!! Do I need to wait longer for my new tracfone to begin working as it should???

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. How to transfer the 800+ minutes remaining on her old, deactivated tracfone...and when will the new tracfone began to be able to rng other numbers. Thanks Pearl

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
3/29/2018
Cell Phone Technician: Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson replied 3 months ago
Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! Before we get started, it looks like you may be trying to reach another company. JustAnswer is a question and answer site and not affiliated with the company you are trying to reach. I am a certified technician and if you'd like to continue on JustAnswer, I will try my best to help you with your question. Otherwise, if you came here by mistake, let me know and the Customer Care team will reach out to you.