Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I need to change my phone number on my Google account

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
3/26/2018
Cell Phone Technician: Richard, Technician replied 3 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Are you still able to sign into your Google Account?

Please let me know

it won't let me because of my phone number

Is the issue you lost access to the phone number you used for the recovery of the account?

Please let me know

no I just want my phone number changed so I can sign in

You cannot until you sign into the account

so you do not have access to the phone number anymore?

no I have a different number and it sends the verification number to my old number which I don't have

Thanks

If you call that number, does anyone answer?

no

ok, then your only option is to use this form now

https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/disabled2

Fill it in providing a email address where you can be contacted on and allow up to 72 hours for a response.

They will either reject it or not respond in which you will not be able to gain access, or they will ask for more proof of id in order to try to manually verify you.

If they do reject it or do not respond within the 72 hours then you will need to create a new account sorry.

It is critical you always keep your recovery information up to date to avoid such a situation as this

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you