Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I have an android phone texting a new iPhone. Text says was…

I have an android...

I have an android phone texting a new iPhone. Text says was received by person. Could I still be blocked.

Technician's Assistant: What version of Android are you running on your iPhone?

I

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I have a xte majesty pro/with total wireless. I am not getting any response.....but it says they are received. Others get and reply.

3/26/2018
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

Ok

When blocked by someone using an iPhone, the person on the other side of the block will have no way of knowing. Calls and texts will appear to go through as usual but the person blocking you, theoretically, would simply not receive notifications of your attempts to contact them. Voicemails and Texts would go to a special folder, hidden from view.

If phone rings thru to voice mail, could the texts still be blocked?

Yes because calls would ring and go to voicemail just as usual, too, if a person was blocked. The person on the receiving end simply wouldn't get notice you called or texted.

Another friend blocked me to test and her phone immediately bumped me with a message that I could not call thry
Why did her phone tell me I couldn’t get thru when I was blocked?

That would depend on how she blocked you and with what app/service. Using the blocking function built into an iPhone, it does NOT alert you or change behavior toward the person blocked in any way.

Strange since she also has iPhone. Thanks.

Yes it is because that's not the default behavior. I use the blocking function myself. ;)

I don’t understand your answer.
Are you there?

You said it was strange that your friend blocking you worked that way (wouldn't put the call through) and I agreed that it was since the iPhone doesn't tell the person being blocked that they are.

Well, that is how it went. Thanks. I am done.

Ok, you are welcome.

However, if you have any further questions on this topic, you can reply back at any time.

John T. F., Apple Consultant