Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I turned my phone off for a funeral and now I can't turn it…

Customer Question
I turned my phone...

I turned my phone off for a funeral and now I can't turn it back on because I forgot my Apple ID and/or password. My mobile number is ***** My name is*****: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It's been a pretty long time, and I know I wrote it down somewhere, but I've looked thru all the logical places and can't find it

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Can I do that from my iPad.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I need to get my phone back on because my daughter is driving to Florida with her friends for spring break, and I need to be able to communicate with her!

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cell Phones
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Cell Phone Technician: Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician replied 1 month ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician

You have to be able to remember the Apple ID to reset the password. Do you at least remember that?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I tried logical ones to no avail.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is frustrating me! I will harrangue the store tomorrow

The store can not help with this as it is a self-service security option. If stores could override it, it would not be secure. I would like you to try this link below and see if we can get the ID after which we can try to reset the password. The only way around this (if you are unable to find the ID) is to contact Apple's security team which is not a quick thing. They are the ONLY people who can reset it. They do require your proof of purchase, however.

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=appleid

Eric, Android Expert