Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Phone is on, locked up, can't cut off on get into desktop.

Phone is on, locked...

Phone is on, locked up, can't cut off on get into desktop

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

Samsung Galaxy 8+

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Galaxy?

Android

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?

Just today about 12 hr. took to ATT store they told me to call Samsung. They told me to call ATT. Haven't been able to connect to right people.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

What else do they need to know?

Keeps asking for a password, which if I have, I don't know.
Need more info?
When I swipe to unlock my screen, it comes up on the screen to enter password
Are you still working on my problem?
3/23/2018
Dustin, Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Is it a pin code or a word / letter password ***** asking for?

Also, was your phone reset or factory reset at any point since or before this issue began?

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

word/letter password ***** will not let me reset, I have held shut off button in with no response, also tried to hold shut off and upper volume control button in at same time with no response
no phone call as I cannot answer b/c my phone is locked up and do not have a landline phone

What exactly does it say or show on screen, the password *****?

Please be detailed and specific, thank you.

Dustin S

Enter password
Your password ***** at least 4 characters, including at least 1 letter.
There is a rectangular box that says emergency call, then the keyboard.

try following the steps on this page and let me know if youre able to unlock the phone using these steps.

https://www.guidingtech.com/66047/how-unlock-samsung-forgot-pin/

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Dustin, Technician
Dustin, this worked!! Thank you tremendously, and I will definitely give you a 5 star rating!