Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Do you know about cell phones. It is a samsung T746

Customer Question
Do you know about...

Do you know about cell phones

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

It is a samsung T746 cellphone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your T746? What have you tried so far?

I am trying top unlock it so I can hook it up to a different provider

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

The phone was hooked to virgin mobile and it is now frozen I don't have the originaal sim card but havwe one with the company I want to hook up to

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Cell Phones
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
the IMEI# ***** ***** 04
3/22/2018
Cell Phone Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 28 days ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
teh model is an sgh t746
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I did send my phone number(###) ###-####that is in canada

Here is the procedure to unlock your Virgin phone:

http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/support/faq.html?q=unlocking-your-phone

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have had no luck with that website I do have the codes but it is how to put it in is my main problem I have also been in cotact with my new provider adn also samsung who where no help at all I have been working at this for about a week now with no success at all

Where did you get the codes?

Did you contact Virgin to get them to unlock it?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
that is one number I got I also got another one from lucky mobility which is similar

Unlock numbers from Lucky Mobility do not always work.

Since the phone is locked to Virgin, it is Virgin who you should contact to have it unlocked, and they offer the service for free.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
if you want the numbers I can give them to you I also need directions on how to use the numbers as well as I am really new to cell phones the last one I owned was in 1999

I cannot use the numbers from my end. If they are not working for you then you should contact to have it unlocked:

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
that site I found just wants you to buy and go with thier system I have been on that site several times and also called several times

Virgin will unlock your device at no charge when you call them on 1-***-***-**** and give them the IMEI number.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
like I said I have been working at this for a week now the only directions I have gotten is off websites and those haven't worked

Virgin are responsible for the lock on the phone.

3rd party websites may not be working for you.

Did you try calling Virgin on the number I gave you?

They can unlock it immediately when you call them.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I did get the code from them but no direction on what to do with it that is my main problem

The unlocking codes and full instructions should be provided to you upon completion of your call.

Did they not email you the guide?

Here are the instructions:

1. Insert the non-Virgin Mobile SIM card into the phone and turn it on.
  2. The message SIM Network unlock PIN will appear. Enter the Network Lock code provided and press Unlock. The Network Lock code may be 16 digits long. If the first 8 digits are all zeros, ignore them and enter the last 8 digits.
  3. The message Network unlock successful will appear once you have entered the code and the device has been unlocked.

--------------------

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
no emails from them they have been almost totaally uesless the person could hardly speak english teh same witth samsung

Are you able to follow the instructions I provided?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
you sent some instructions I will check my email now

Let me know if the instructions I posted work for you.

Here they are again:

--------------------

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
when I turn on the phone with the sim in it the screen reads'phone freeze sim unavailable please contact service provider and it has 2 buttons on teh botttom one says SOS the other says keypad
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
just so you know up til 3 years ago where I live had no cell service just landlines only
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
as one person put it new to this area he refered to it as bumfk nowhere we got satilite internet 5 years ago no cable tv just satilite tv
when was the phone last used on a Virgin network?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
no idea it was given to me about a month ago
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
are you still there

Ok, so we don't know anything about the history of the phone... when it was purchased, where it was purchased, etc?

Is it possible that it may have been blacklisted for any reason? e.g. reported lost or stolen, or unpaid bills?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I just recently remember when I was talking to lucky the tech there did give me the phones last number and that it was clean no thing oweing not black listed or maybe it was virgin when I was talking to them but still haven't located teh unfreeze code yet it froze up from what I can gather because I made a mistake with it
Cell Phone Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 26 days ago

Ok, see Lucky are not the correct people to be dealing with as they don't hold the lock on the phone - Virgin does.

So you will need to get in touch with Virgin to see what the issue is and if they can issue you the correct code to unlock it.

Pete, Electronic Engineer