Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Can you help me? I bought an I phone from Verizon. Erie

Customer Question
Please can you help...

Please can you help me? I bought an I phone from Verizon. Erie Blvd. East, DeWitt, NY location, in December. I paid for it in full, about $363, I believe. I set it up as prepay & paid monthly. For various reasons, I needed to go with AT&T but Verizon has locked my phone. rendering it useless. Can I I please get my phone unlocked?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't recall having a password.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, I am unfamiliar with that procedure.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I would just like access to my phone.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2018
Cell Phone Technician: Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician replied 4 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician

I am Samuel and I can help you. Prepaid phones for Verizon are locked for 1 year as part of Verizon policy.

In order to partially offset the subsidy we provide to make our 4G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phones more affordable to service customers, our 4G Phone-in-a-Box phones may only be used with Verizon Prepaid service for 1 year from original activation date or until payments in the amount specified on the back of the Phone-in-a-Box package are added to the Prepaid account.

What can I do at this point? I have a useless cell phone that I paid a lot of money for.

You have to use the device per the purchase agreement, unfortunately. Which means it can only be a Verizon prepay device until it is active for a year. You can recoup the cost by selling it as a Verizon prepay to someone who wants that possibly.

Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request! Thanks so much!