Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

New question ... you may need to pack your patience on this…

New question ... you may...
New question ... you may need to pack your patience on this one - or tell me I should see the ATT store or Apple Genius Bar, which I completely understand.
So ... re: sending jumbled texts to non-iPhones. That problem is now fixed. I have the following w green dot:
iMessage
Send as SMS
MMS MessagingHowever sending bitmojis has completely changed. It's now impossible. I used to be able to click on one and it would appear in message. Now I have to Select then Paste in. Then it won't send and says I need to activate iMessage (which is activated)
Even if I disable Send as SMS and MMS Messaging, bitmoji seems to now be permanently changed and I still can't send any.
When I asked about the jumbled messages earlier, you had mentioned emojis being a problem. Guess I have a cousin of that problem now.Holly
3/11/2018
Ashik, Cellphone Tech

Hi Holly,

Your iPhone will automatically switch with between iMessage and SMS depending upon the situation. That is, if the person whom you are sending the message is not using an Apple Device (or using Apple device but not connected to the internet), then the message will be sent as SMS (green)

If your device is also not connected to internet, then it will send as SMS. If the recipient device is Apple device and connected to internet so does yours, then it will automatically sent as iMessage.

Emojis, animations exclusive to iPhone or Apple devices can only be sent to Apple devices and on other devices that don't support this emojis may be jumbled.

Animations, photos or other multimedia things will only sent through iMessage and MMS.

If they are not using Apple devices or if their devices are not connected to internet, then the animations, multimedia emojis like with animations will try to sent as MMS and this won't work on their phones if they don't have multimedia capability enabled, so they may receive it in non readable format.

Re the emojis issue, can you try doing a settings reset? This will reset some basic settings like WiFI, passcode, ringtone etc. So you need to reconfigure them after the reset. You can do the settings reset from Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

Disable MMS feature and enable on MMS and iMessage. Check then

Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Ashik, Cellphone Tech