Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I was just called twice to say that something suspicious was…

I was just called...

I was just called twice to say that something suspicious was going on with my I think the recording said my cloud something, I just activated a tracfone ,

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't know

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I'm computer DUMB don't know what you're talking about, and he also said it was someone in Russia or Romania

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

When he asked me if I owned a computer I acted dumb and said no, just a cell phone he hung up on me, would this be a person just trying to get in my computer, the first call i have a phone number the 2nd call it said invalid number

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the first number they called from was(###) ###-####the second call said invalid number
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they just called me again and knew my first name, from Apple INC(###) ###-####and asked me if I was using any apple units and I said an I-phone 7 and he hung up on me again
3/10/2018
Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have received 3 phone calls tell me that something suppicious is going on with my I cloud account, the first number was from Apple,Inc (###) ###-####the 2nd was an invalid number and the 3rd was***-***-****, when i answered the 2nd call he asked if I was using a computer, I said no just have a cell ph, he hung up on me and so did the 3rd caller, same question I said no again just an I-phone 7 and he hung up, IS THIS A SCAM GOING ON I also asked the 1st guy where was this happening from. and he hesitated the said Russia or Romania, so what would be going on , and as you can guess I do have a computer, just don't know how to use it very well
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just lost my Husband and don't have the funds to keep spending on this

Yes, that is a scam. Please do not answer their call anymore or give them any money.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** ***** beginning to worry me, on top of other things in my life. Do I still need to change my password ***** where do I do this

No, you don't -- It is just a phone call scam.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson
Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson