Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I no longer have verizon as my internet provider but it

Customer Question
I no longer have...

I no longer have verizon as my internet provider but it keeps popping up on my phone to sign in to connect, how do i stop this?

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Just before my daughter changed our service about 2 months ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

Its just about the wifi nothing else i am using my own router Airport Extreme for my home wifi

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cell Phones
3/10/2018
Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What phone do you have?

iPhone x
Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Are you aware of your current WiFi name and password?

the only issue is when I try to connect to my wifi a verizon page pops ups telling me there was an issue with my account and i would have to sign in to verizon, i no longer use verizon so i want this pop up to stop
my phone service is AT&T and my home internet service is Optimum
Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Please follow the below instructions.

Make sure you hit RESET NETWORK SETTINGS

Settings -> General -> scroll download and hit Reset -> tap Reset Network Settings -> enter passcode and confirm.

After processing Reset Network Settings, And it will reset the network settings with factory recommended settings.

ok, the phone is in the process of restarting now, thank you
Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Let me know when it's done.

And you have to reconnect with your new WiFi using your WiFi password.

Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Let me know if that worked.

ok, it is finished, I am now connecting to the wifi putting in the password
Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Alright.

connected using wifi password ***** the Verizon log in pop up came up again
when I log into my wifi using the "Guest" network, it does not happen
Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

What is the WiFi name of your router?

Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Let me know.

Raymond's Wi Fi Network for the 2.4 ghz; Raymond's Wi Fi Network 5GHz for the 5 ghz and Schenck Guest for the guest network
Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

And who is your internet provider now?

my home internet service is Optimum
Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Let me check with this, please wait.

thank you, ***** ***** said before it only happens on the 2.4 ghz and 5.0 ghz networks
Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

And where does the login page comes up is it on your Safari?

in safari
Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Do you have a computer hardwired to the router?

Or it can also be connected to 2.4 or the 5Ghz

no my computer is wifi also
Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Do you mean you have a computer connected to your WIFI ?

i haven't had the issue on the computers
Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

I understand , but I want to login into the router that you have now and check few settings.

can you do it through the wifi?
the optimum modem is connected to my router
Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

I could give you the instructions and you can check it.

Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Or if you want me to troubleshoot this through remote I can do that also.

ok
Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

How about the computer you have is that Windows?

no it's an iMac
Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Okay, can you find the ip address that you have on your iMac?

my router is an Airport Extreme
Cell Phone Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

I am sorry, Let me open this for other experts to handle with this issue.

ok, ill wait
Cell Phone Technician: Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson replied 5 months ago
Harry, Cell Phone Salesperson

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.