Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Hearing voices while audio plays around this time. Samsung…

Hearing voices while audio...

Hearing voices while audio plays around this time.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

Samsung Galaxy s6

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Galaxy?

Android

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?

Virus scan, saver mode do remove any suspicious apps

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I think it may be radio interference since I'm high up on a hill.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sounds like radio chatter usually hard to distinguish.
Only happens around this time, and the rest of the day there is nothing.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also, it's only when I have earbuds plugged in, I don't hear it without.
3/9/2018
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There may be interference from a radio source; does the problem only happen at certain locations?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not had an opportunity to notice the problem in other locations, but it's only been noticed in the particular location.
Also, some days it happens and others it doesn't.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would there be a way to shield the phone from interference?

Yes, in theory you could shield it from interference, however that would also prevent it from receiving and making calls, messages, etc.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's fine if I have control of when the shielding takes place.
I heard that aluminum foil is able to do this, would that be correct?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's mechanical based however, is there a software based solution or would that be inefficient ?

No, software will not work in this instance.

It must be a physical barrier. Aluminum foil will block radio frequency waves so it will work.

Since aluminum is a conductor of electricity, it forms a barrier often called a Faraday Cage, entirely stopping the radio waves.

Simply get a sheet of aluminum foil, and wrap the cell phone in it.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have another question before I do so however, would I make a casing around the phone itself or should I also include the earbuds/headphones.
I feel that the earbuds acts as an antenna.

The ear buds are not connected to the antenna, they are only connected to the audio circuitry so they do not need to be covered.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also it's more likely to be interference and not something malicious (just to be certain)?

If it only happens in certain areas then yes it is interference.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It also happens only when audio is playing, why would that be (just curious)?

It is because the speaker is active and picking up interference.

Pete, Electronic Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, thank you for your service. :)
I wish you a wonderful rest of the day.

You are welcome :)
Have an excellent day!
Pete.

Pete, Electronic Engineer