Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I need to unlock the phone that I bought in America as I am…

I need to unlock...

I need to unlock the phone that I bought in America as I am back in australia

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

On the 10th January in LA

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

I have put a Australian SIM card in and I cannot use the phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Can I unlock the phone even though I wasn’t with them for 90 days

1/17/2018
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1. What is the make and model number of the phone?

2. What cell carrier is it locked to?

Samsung J727T
It is locked to metro pcs

After 90 days, you can contact MetroPCS to get the phone unlocked for free:

https://www.metropcs.com/terms-conditions/phone-unlock-policy.html

Or you can take it to a local phone unlocker and get it unlocked using their equipment before your MetroPCS contract expires.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

I'm in Australia. Who can I go and see to get my phone unlocked?

Australia is a big place!

What part are you in? e.g. postcode area

4223 currumbin waters on the gold coast

In your area you can contact

Network Communications

Shop 1A The Pines Shopng Ctr, Elanora QLD 4221

--------------------

Pete.

--------------------

Thank you

You are welcome :)

Pete, Electronic Engineer
Pete, Electronic Engineer